Meet a Member: Becky Livingston
Years of Experience: 25+
- Master’s Internet Technology (Pace University)
- Mass Communications (Suny Geneseo)
- Mass Communications and Journalism (Monroe Community College)
- Technical Programming / Computer Science (Trade School)
Firm City & State: Closter, NJ
Email Address: [email protected]
Professional Memberships: AAM
Community Involvement: Teach at 3 colleges
Twitter Handle: @bmliving
LinkedIn Profile: Becky Livingston’s LinkedIn ProfileGetting to Know You:
- What types of advertising and paid search strategies does your firm employ? We employ search and display advertising for accounting firm clients (and non-accounting clients) across the country. This includes PPC, video, graphic, placements, and more. Additionally, we run social media paid search campaigns on LinkedIn and Facebook.
- What is the structure of your marketing department? I am the sole person with subcontractors.
- What have you learned the hard way? I’ve learned the hard way to always watch the budget!
- What is a “must know” for new accounting marketers? Narrow down the target market and split campaigns into targets versus trying to do everything in one campaign.
- What are your special skills or what is something people may not know about you? I can use both hands for eating, playing sports, drawing, and use my left hand a bit more than my right, but am considered a right-hander. Also, people may not know I used to sing backup in a heavy 70’s rock band.
- What is the biggest benefit you receive from your AAM membership or what affect has AAM had on your career? First and foremost, the people. The networking and being on committees helps me forge relationships with people I may not meet any other way. Also, being involved in committees has been so valuable.
- Share One Marketing Tip: Keep on learning because it’s always changing.
- What do you feel is the biggest issue is facing accounting marketers today? AI trends upping expectations and perceptions about how “easy” marketing is.
- What would you be doing if you had not become a marketer? If I had not become a marketer, I would have been an engineer.
- What is the biggest project you are working on right now? I am currently working on reskinning my own website, which is a significant undertaking.
- If you had an unlimited budget, what is one thing you would implement immediately? If I had an unlimited budget, one thing I would implement immediately is a stronger tech stack to enhance our capabilities and efficiency.
- What books have you read recently that you feel would be beneficial to other AAM members? The B2B Marketer’s Guide to AI – Strategies, Tactics, and Tools for Success (my book) and Marketing Artificial Intelligence by Paul Roetzer and Mike Kaput.
- What blogs/social feeds do you subscribe to that are helpful? Social Media Examiner, HubSpot, Hootsuite, Content Marketing Institute, IRS e-News for Tax Professionals, Jeff Bullas.