How We're Constantly Evolving
AAM’s strategic plan, also called “Vision 2025,” is the blueprint for the future. With Vision 2025, AAM actively and intentionally broadens its position beyond exclusive service to accounting marketers. The new vision positions AAM as the leading resource for all professionals within accounting firms who impact growth and sustainability.
The four areas of focus in our strategic plan are:
The mission of AAM is to elevate the career development of AAM members and the accounting and advisory profession through innovative education and community resources.
AAM optimizes operations and implements innovative strategies to ensure the viability of the association.
AAM generates revenue to build financial sustainability and facilitate association growth.
AAM is the primary resource for innovative growth-minded professionals in the accounting and advisory profession.
AAM is the leading authority on accounting and advisory growth providing thought leadership, professional development and resources.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The Association for Accounting Marketing welcomes and celebrates all people. We honor each individual and what they bring to the table. As an organization, we are against all forms of racism and discrimination. AAM is a better organization for all of its members when we encourage input and membership from people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and opinions.
We continually strive to educate and recognize where we can be better and do more as an organization. We also understand there is still work to be done in our association, accounting marketing and business development, and the accounting industry to address diversity, equity, inclusion (DEI) and unconscious bias.
AAM is committed to taking action in the following ways. We will:
- Listen and foster a safe space for our members to create a dialogue about diversity, discrimination and equality in all its forms so that we can learn from each other and address issues in a collaborative way.
- Use our platforms to amplify voices of all backgrounds and provide ongoing education on DEI and unconscious bias in our profession.
- Seek out actions and implement initiatives to improve diversity within our association and profession.
- Educate and promote accounting marketing, business development and accounting as a profession to all audiences.
- Foster a community of acceptance and welcome people from different backgrounds, perspectives and ideas.
- Create content and education opportunities that help members not only do their own internal work around diversity, but provide ways to continue to address DEI in their own firms.
AAM DEI Toolkit
This toolkit includes many resources, including data regarding building the business case for DEI, internal survey template to assess your current state, DEI glossary, recruiting and retention templates, among others.