- This event has passed.
AAM AI Policy Workshop: Creating an AI Policy for Accounting FirmsRegister
November 16 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EST
Your firm must have a solid, comprehensive policy for using artificial intelligence technologies. Join this session for informative, engaging guidance on all of the areas your AI policy should address, followed immediately by a 30-minute hands-on working session through an AI policy worksheet. Walk away with clear next steps for how to work with your leaders and an appointed team to create a concise, enforceable AI policy for your firm.
Part 1: Information Presentation and Group Activities
Introduction and Welcome
- Workshop objectives and agenda
- Importance of AI policy creation for accounting firms
AI Policy Creation
- Overview of what AI policy entails and its significance in accounting firms
- Key components of an AI policy: objectives, guiding principles, use cases, ethical considerations, risk management, vendor evaluation, etc.
Group Activity 1: SWOT Analysis
- Group discussion evaluating AI against a firm’s current state: strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
Guiding Principles, Risk Analysis, Technology, Roles, and Use Case Prioritization
- How they relate to devising, and then enforcing AI policies
Group Activity 2: Use Case Prioritization
- List of potential AI use cases in accounting
- Vote on your top priority use cases individually
- Discuss and compare to identify common priorities
Part 2: Active AI Policy Creation Module
Introduction to AI Policy Development
- Creating an AI policy tailored to your firm’s context
- Outline key components of the policy
Facilitated Group Discussion and Brainstorming
- Brainstorm key components of your AI policy
- Discuss objectives, guiding principles, use cases, risk mitigation strategies, ethical considerations, vendor selection criteria, etc.
Guided Template Filling
- Fill in the template with key policy components
Closing and Next Steps
- Summarize the active policy creation module
- Refining the policy, seeking legal input, and obtaining leadership approval
- Three personal immediate next steps
Joy Youell is a content strategist and SEO expert with 15 years of experience in organic search research and development. Joy has led content and SEO strategies for global companies, including Indeed and American Express. Her work has regularly been featured in Forbes, Entrepreneur, SUCCESS magazine, and more. She owns Hire a Writer, a copywriting agency, and provides SEO strategy and consulting services to accounting firms through Winding River Consulting.