Twitter Chats – More Than Online Chatter
As a marketing professional, I’m always looking for tips to help make my job easier, faster, and more effective. I also like to share marketing tips with my clients to help them do the same. As a Twitter fan, I find Twitter chats for digital marketers fun to engage with and I learn so much from others.
Ten Twitter Chats for Digital Marketers
- #SocialROI is a chat hosted by social media influencer Madalyn Sklar. It takes place every Tuesday at 5:00 p.m. ET. The chat usually takes a format of live Q&A — the hosts invite an expert in a marketing field and ask them questions while the participants can ask their questions or suggest their own answers to the questions asked. Afterward, you can join a Live Video recap of the chat on Facebook. You can see the list of upcoming guests and the recaps of previous chats here.
- #SMEchat was created by Social Media Examiner, a major educational platform in the social media marketing sphere. It starts on Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m. PST/1:00 p.m. EST. The topics of the chat, although related to social media, vary greatly from getting the most out of live events to new Pinterest features you can benefit from. Occasionally, they will invite special guests. To keep an eye on the chat’s topics, which are announced one week in advance, follow the official Social Media Examiner Twitter account.
- #SMTLive is run by another giant social media marketing platform — Social Media Today. Their twice-monthly live Twitter chat (#SMTLive) brings together social-focused marketing professionals in a group chat to discuss, share and learn about what’s new in social media and digital marketing. Not only do they discuss the latest news and valuable tactics, but they also talk about the state of the social media marketing industry and how it feels to work in this industry. It takes place every other Tuesday at 12:00 p.m. ET. Check out the recaps of the previous chats here and follow SMT on Twitter to stay up to date on their next chat.
- #VCbuzz is a chat dedicated to creating, promoting, and optimizing your content. It is run weekly on Tuesdays 12:00 p.m. EST / 9:00 a.m. PST by Viral Content Bee. The topics cover everything related to content marketing. You can see #VCBuzz past chat scripts here and check the topics for the future chats to see if you’re eager to discuss any of them here.
- #ContentClubUK is one of the coziest chats in the digital marketing community. It always starts with a cup of tea and a biscuit (yes, it is a UK-based chat) and invites content marketers to talk about their trade. Each week, on a Tuesday, at 11:00 a.m. (GMT), the host asks three questions related to content marketing. Answers are given by marketers, copywriters, designers and anyone else who wants to take part. The hosts change every week.
- #CMWorld is another chat hosted by a major publication and educational platform in its industry, but this time dedicated to content marketing. It was founded by the Content Marketing Institute for those Twitter users who want to discuss the latest trends in content marketing and get advice from experts. Each week (@CMIContent) initiates a discussion with a guest on key content marketing topics. All chats are on Tuesdays from 12:00 PM – 1:00 p.m. ET. You can check out the archive of previous chats and the future topics and guests here.
- #PPCchat is a great place for you to be if you are interested in talking about paid marketing, PPC Chat runs every Tuesday at 12:00 p.m. EST. The chat was founded by Matthew Umbro and covers topics ranging from keyword strategies to PPC campaigns, search engine marketing and more. The community in this chat is very active, so I encourage you to use the hashtag when you need a professional PPC opinion even outside of the chat’s timetable.
- #SEOchat covers topics related to SEO, #SEOChat targets SEO experts who are looking to discuss the latest marketing trends, and updates. It’s hosted every Thursday at 1:00 p.m. EST by a renowned digital marketer. The matters discussed are not always purely technical — the community is also willing to talk about working in the SEO industry, freelancing and so on.
- #Digital360Chat talks about digital, mobile, CRM, social, marketing, the customer, and everything in-between. It’s run by a dedicated account and features prominent guests first Thursday of each month at 12:00 p.m. ET.
- #SEMrushChat is famous for its SEO content, first and foremost, this chat covers every topic in the realm of digital marketing: SEO, obviously, but also content, social media, and working in the industry. If you’re also looking to connect with top influencers from the industry, participating in #SEMrushChat is a must. It’s hosted every Wednesday at 11:00 am EST. SEMrush regularly recaps the chats on their blog.
That’s it. Ten Twitter chats you can engage in to find out more about your industry, connect with like-minded digital marketers, boast about your wins, vent about the fails, and rant about the crazy things that happen in marketing.
About Becky Livingston
Becky Livingston is the President and CEO of Penheel Marketing, a NJ-based firm specializing in social media and digital marketing for CPAs and small business owners. With over 25 years of marketing and tech experience, she is also the author of “SEO for CPAs - The Accountant’s SEO Handbook: Get Found Online Organically,” “The Accountant’s Social Media Handbook.” In addition to being a practitioner, Becky is also an adjunct professor and speaker. Connect with Becky or her firm on Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube.Becky Livingston is the President and CEO of Penheel Marketing, a NJ-based firm specializing in social media and digital marketing for CPAs and small business owners. With over 25 years of marketing and tech experience, she is also the author of “SEO for CPAs - The Accountant’s SEO Handbook: Get Found Online Organically,” “The Accountant’s Social Media Handbook.” In addition to being a practitioner, Becky is also an adjunct professor and speaker. Connect with Becky or her firm on Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube.
Welcome to CPA Growth Trends — your source for information, insights, tools and best practices to drive growth within an accounting firm.
Compensation Changes in Accounting Firms – Intersection of HR & Marketing with Andrea Sardon, PBMares
with Andrea Sardone from PBMares
Join host Mike Jones with Andrea Sardone from PBMares as they discuss the changes in compensation within the intersection of marketing and accounting in accounting firms.