Make Sure You ThinkFresh!
A Word From the President
By Laura Snyder
2018 AAM Summit: Think Fresh! is fast approaching. What could be fresher than Portland, Oregon? Located on two rivers in the shadow of snow-capped Mount Hood, the eco-friendly city of Portland is renowned for its parks, paths, microbreweries and coffeehouses as well as its art, theater and music scenes. From May 14-17, the freshest minds in the industry will converge upon Portland for interactive educational sessions and amped up networking at the Association for Accounting Marketing’s annual conference.
The conference committee has worked hard to keep things fresh and has tweaked the traditional program in subtle ways to improve attendee experience. Here are a few things you should be aware of as you make your travel arrangements:
AAM-MAA winners will be announced at the Opening Reception on Monday night at the Portland Museum of Art.
- Other awards, such as Marketer of the Year, Rookie of the Year, Volunteer of the Year, We AAM to Serve and AAM Hall of Fame inductee(s) will be announced on Wednesday during an extended general session and lunch.
- We are offering a post-conference experience. Join your peers and spend Thursday afternoon “giving back” at our Corporate Social Responsibility Activity and Wrap-Up Party with Portland Homeless Family Solutions.
Here are a few other suggestions to help you maximize your time in Portland:
- Register to attend one of two optional pre-conference sessions focusing on multi-media marketing and client experience.
- Explore the exhibit hall during meals and receptions to learn more about how our sponsors’ service offerings can help you be more efficient and/or effective in your role at your firm.
- Show off your best work by submitting an AAM-MAA entry. Due date for early bird entries is today, March 14, and regular entries is March 30.
- Sign up to meet, eat and connect with your peers during Dine & Connect on Wednesday evening.
Registration closes May 11 but you can save $100 if you register by April 12. In addition, be sure to book your hotel early as we expect this year’s event to sell out (be aware rooms are not available pre- or post- conference). I look forward to seeing you in Portland in May!
About Laura Snyder
Laura has more than 25 years of experience assisting companies with marketing communications and business development activities, including 15 years in accounting marketing at two industry leading firms specializing in the financial services sector. In her current position, she focuses on continuing professional education events for clients and prospects, integrated marketing communications programs, lead generation campaigns for top prospects, and client relationship development. Active in the Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM), she currently serves as President on the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors and as a Board Member of the Atlanta chapter. Past AAM leadership positions include President-Elect, Vice President, a two-year term as Treasurer, two terms as Member-at-Large on the Board of Directors, three years as chair of the Conference committee, chair of the Marketing Achievement Awards committee, a term as Conference committee member and held board liaison positions to the Finance, Association Growth and Growth Strategies committees. She was named "Volunteer of the Year" for AAM in 2008 and has helped her firms earn 10 "Marketing Achievement Awards" in several categories.
Welcome to CPA Growth Trends — your source for information, insights, tools and best practices to drive growth within an accounting firm.
with Danielle Reynolds, Business Development, Manager with Whitley Penn
A business developer’s day involves a myriad of activities from external meetings with business owners and referral partners to scoping calls for initial client connections.