2024 AAM Biennial Compensation Survey
Accept the Challenge! The Survey Closes February 2, 2024
Since 2010, AAM has conducted the Biennial Compensation Survey to help marketing leaders, accounting firm partners and human resources professionals identify new strategies for attracting and developing marketing and business development talent at their growing firms.
Now, with uncertain economic cycles, industry change and the emergence of AI technologies, it’s more important than ever to provide clear compensation guidelines as well as industry data to support a strong internal marketing and business development team. Are you the top marketing professional at your firm? Accept the challenge! This report is possible only with your survey participation!
IMPORTANT! This year’s survey includes a helpful Excel worksheet. You can collect and share details about your budgeted team PRIOR to beginning the live survey. Instructions are included in the worksheet. You will need this completed worksheet to finish the survey.
To fill out the worksheet, you will need this data for each budgeted team member:
- 3-4 roles/responsibilities (Don’t worry; it’s multiple choice!)
- Base wage/salary
- Annual bonus/commission if any
- Years in accounting marketing industry
- Years in marketing/BD overall
When you take the survey, please upload your completed Excel worksheet to the survey tool where indicated.
The survey launches January 4, 2024. Final deadline is February 2, 2024.
New this year:
- A deeper dive into marketing and sales professional compensation for small, medium and large accounting firms
- Apples to Apples wage/salary data matched to marketing/BD roles and responsibilities, beyond titles
- Comparisons on remote, hybrid and in-office personnel compensation
- Regional, national and some international compensation highlights
We are counting on you to share data about your team that will enhance our analysis - delivering the detailed compensation reporting that you desire. Thank you in advance for your time and commitment to advancing the profession.
***Remember*** All survey participants will receive a $50 credit toward the purchase of our valuable compensation report, available after the 2024 AAM Summit in Orlando.
2023-2024 AAM Marketing Budget Benchmark Study
Are you looking for a way to benchmark your role and your firm’s marketing and business development efforts against others? As a leader, your influence is powerful. Marketers, business development and practice growth professionals are asked to share their insights to keep the accounting marketing profession strong.
This year’s AAM Marketing Budget Benchmark Study dives deeper than ever into the composition of marketing budgets for accounting firms of all sizes. With a special focus on what the fastest-growing accounting firms do differently, this study delivers insights available nowhere else.
New to this year’s edition:
- How firms organize their marketing and business development teams
- How marketing teams support their firm’s talent recruiting and retention initiatives
- What kinds of technology accounting firms use to propel their marketing programs
We have also expanded the total list of marketing techniques studied to include all the ways modern firms go to market.
And that’s just the beginning. Here’s what else you’ll learn:
- What percentage of revenue firms dedicate to their marketing budget
- What marketing techniques firms are using to help them grow 5X faster than average
- Which marketing techniques are preferred by slower growing firms
- Where the fastest growing firms plan to increase their marketing spending
- How company culture relates to firm growth
- Details on what kinds of marketing technology is being deployed in the industry
Access this research report today! Discounted pricing for members of AAM!