ORBA – Chicago, IL
Marketing & Business Development Manager
ORBA, one of Chicago’s largest accounting firms, seeks a Marketing & Business Development Manager to work closely with the firm’s various practice and industry groups to execute and implement their strategic plans. The Marketing & Business Development Manager will also prepare responses to RFPs and assist and collaborate in the planning, development and implementation of a variety of marketing and business development projects and programs to achieve the firm’s marketing and business development objectives. Candidates will be required to take a written test.
- Work proactively with the firm leadership and various practice and industry groups to manage, implement and execute industry and practice group marketing and business development plans and initiatives.
- Work closely with practice and industry groups to plan, execute and initiate follow-up in regard to activities, such as webinars, seminars and networking events.
- Prepare and monitor responses to RFPs and manage pipeline reporting.
- Engage in research, analysis and competitive intelligence-gathering for strategic planning, competitive firm positioning and business development activities.
- Provide support for all practice and industry group webinars, seminars, sponsorships and other events sponsored by the firm.
- Assist with research of prospective targets industries and markets to keep the groups up to date on industry trends, as well as to proactively identify opportunities for growth and implement programs to achieve desired growth.
- Engage in research and analysis and competitive intelligence-gathering for strategic planning and business development activities.
- Work with the Marketing Department Team to produce and update all print and online marketing materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required to meet firm goals and objectives.
- Proficiency with applicable software packages: Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator; Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience with SharePoint and webinar platforms preferred.
- May require occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field required. Five or more years of demonstrated success in business development, marketing and/or communications-related field, either in the professional services (e.g., law, accounting, or consulting) or in a comparable position(s) in the corporate, trade association or academic sectors.
- Strong writing background, excellent proofreading and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, prioritize workload, exercise independent judgment when necessary and solve problems quickly.
- Client focused, results driven.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and problem-solving capability.
- Familiarity with professional services product offerings.