Internal Communications Manager
Rea & Associates, Inc. – Cleveland area, Columbus area, or Remote
At Rea & Associates, people come first, and is shown in our family-friendly culture and a strong commitment to work-life balance. The firm offers competitive compensation, a robust benefits plan, and opportunities for continued personal growth and professional advancement. Rea team members work hard, but they have fun along the way.
Recognized as a Top 100 Accounting firm, our high standards have fueled our ability to grow, attract top talent and emerge as a leader in the accounting industry. As part of our team, you will collaborate with talented and dedicated marketing, accounting and business professionals who believe in our ability to drive growth. You can pursue your passion, hone your skills, and gain professional development as we help take your career to new heights. We never stop learning and enjoy the journey, which are part of our value statements and our DNA – The Rea Way. Learn more at www.reacpa.com.
Our Corporate team is seeking an Internal Communications Manager to join one of our Columbus or Cleveland area offices. This position can be remote.
The Internal Communications Manager role involves developing and executing a strategy to maintain open, proactive, and transparent communication with our employees. This position oversee the Internal Communications function and reports directly to the firm’s Chief Operating Officer. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, strategic, an excellent communicator, has a demonstrated record of successfully leading a team, and has the ability to multi-task on different projects.
To be successful in this role, the Internal Communications Manager must effectively and efficiently collaborate with internal department leads, including Human Resources, Practice Growth, Learning & Development, Finance, and IT. This is a working leadership position, so in addition to setting the strategy, the Internal Communications Manager will work to execute the strategy as well.
This role can be based out of one of our Ohio locations, hybrid working arrangement, or remote.
- Manage, coach, and develop members of the internal communications team
- Develop and execute internal communications strategy
- Develop executive messaging, including providing direction and maintaining confidentiality
- Work closely with operational and strategic team leaders (including HR, Practice Growth, Learning & Development, Finance, and IT) to support firm wide initiatives and advance the firm’s strategic growth plan
- Create and oversee internal editorial calendar
- Craft messaging to leadership
- Plan and execute internal town halls
- Oversee communications regarding mergers and change management
- Develop and manage omni-channel strategy
- Support major firm projects
- Delegate new requests
- Review and approve daily communications
- Oversee internal communications calendar
- Work with the firm’s Chief Information Officer to lead an intranet revamp project
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field
- At least 5-7 years of communications or internal communications experience, including at least 1-2 years in a managerial role
- Working knowledge of design and layout of communication materials and measurement along with reporting tools.
- Skilled at storytelling and communicating in a concise, compelling and persuasive format while aligning strategy with organizational values.
- Ability to discreetly handle confidential information
- Strong multi-tasking skills and has the ability to prioritize a heavy workload
- Proficient or advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite (including PowerPoint), Microsoft Teams, Canva, Constant Contact, and SharePoint, Has the ability to learn new software programs quickly.
- Knowledge of employee communication strategies
- Experience managing a corporate intranet is highly desirable
- Ability to work independently, and as part of the team
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal direction and supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proofreading and editing.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Ability to travel occasionally, primarily within Ohio
Rea & Associates, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including without limitation pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), age, ancestry, military status, national origin, genetic information, disability or other characteristics protected by applicable law. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including but not limited to hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, or any matter directly or indirectly related to employment.
Rea & Associates does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies without pre-approval from Rea’s Talent team. Pre-approval is required before any external candidate can be submitted. Rea & Associates will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes and for candidates who are sent directly to our hiring managers. #LI-MM1
Bachelors or better in Communication or related field.