12 Bewitching Recruiting Ideas
Recruiting can be scary if you’re just getting started helping your firm in this area. Here are 12 bewitching ideas that make recruiting less scary.
1. Revamp your job descriptions with compelling copy
2. Create killer recruiting content like Day-In-The-Life posts or videos, employee testimonials or customized landing pages
3. Host an open house or “Hiring Happy Hours” – local events for students to learn about the firm
4. Organize a virtual event like an “Ask Me Anything” session
5. Use your CRM to track candidates and keep in touch
6. Amp up your candidate experience – treat your candidates like potential clients
7. Conduct shadow interviews. Let your candidates find out what a day in the life of your firm is really like.
8. Create an internal ambassador program. Use incentives like cash drawings for employees who share jobs on personal social accounts
9. Include a chatbot on your careers page
10. Provide candidate FAQs
11. Join social media trends on TikTok and Instagram
12. Gamify the process with quizzes and puzzle-solving
About Rachael McGrew
Rachael McGrew is the Business Development Director for Landmark CPAs, one of Arkansas’ largest accounting firms. In her role, she wears many hats, including overseeing the firm’s marketing and business development strategy, managing internal and external communications, maintaining the firm’s social media and web presence, planning and executing firm events and community outreach programs, assisting with M&A, coordinating recruiting campaigns, and serving on industry association committees. Within AAM, Rachael leads an AAM Circle focused on HubSpot. She is a graduate of the Leadership Fort Smith program and a 40 Under 40 honoree by both the Arkansas Business Journal and the Northwest Arkansas Business Journal. She is also a member of the Associated Builders and Contractors of Arkansas’ Western Council. Rachael holds a Bachelors of Business Administration in Marketing with a minor in Interdisciplinary Studies from the University of Central Arkansas and a Technical Certificate in Graphic Design from the University of Arkansas – Fort Smith. She is married to an outgoing entrepreneur she’s known since junior high, and they have a witty teenager they follow around to volleyball practice and tournaments.
Welcome to CPA Growth Trends — your source for information, insights, tools and best practices to drive growth within an accounting firm.
with Dan Hood, Accounting Today
The Intersection of Marketing and HR for Accounting Firms Strategic Planning for the Future, Observations, and Advice -w- Dan Hood, Accounting Today