The Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM) is the only dedicated resource for marketers, business development professionals and affiliate business owners to help grow an accounting firm from the perspective of marketing and sales. It is our purpose and goal to enhance the accounting marketing and practice growth profession through education, networking and thought leadership.
The AAM Board of Directors and Committee Chairs recognize that AAM has the opportunity to not only contribute to the advancement of marketing and sales within the accounting industry, but to the industry overall.
As AAM continues to add more value and become a growing thought leader, no better source of knowledge, tools, best practices and networking opportunities will be available to you.
I encourage you to explore our website for information on our many offerings, including:
- The AAM Discussion List where members post questions and share insights.
- A full bank of ideas and templates for your use in the Marketers Toolbox.
- The AAM Marketing & Sales Roles in Accounting and Salary Survey, which are popular tools for organization design and development.
- Members available to address topics in the media or speaking engagements.
- Volunteer opportunities.
- Educational meetings, webinars and teleconferences including the Annual Summit, AAM-High! educational webcasts, Seasoned Marketer calls and local chapter meetings.
- Utilize AAM Hire and the AAM Job Bank to post openings in your firm or apply for a new position.
- A comprehensive calendar of all AAM events.
- Archived issues of our Growth Strategies: The Journal of Accounting Marketing and Sales, and links to other news and resources.
- The AAM Marketplace, which lists many great organizations that help CPA firms develop their practices.
Visiting our website is a great start to learning more about AAM. If you want to arm yourself with the tools to take your firm or company to the next level, become a member or if you’re already a member, volunteer for one of our committees. AAM’s success is built on the contributions and dedication of our many active volunteers and members.
To network at the local level, be sure to get involved in an area chapter. If there isn’t a chapter in your area, but you have an interest in starting one, visit our Chapter Leadership Resource Center. Finally, our headquarters staff is available to answer your questions.
AAM’s inception, twenty-three years ago, began with the vision of a few. Over the years, AAM has grown, not only in membership, but throughout the industry as a thought leader on building a successful practice.
It is my hope you will partner with AAM for years to come.
AAM President 2012-2013